Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Why Gil Spencer Can Go Fuck Himself

Gil Spencer recently posted what I considered to be a final straw of gay bashing on his blog. In a posting, he went after Congressman Barney Frank on the recent financial crisis. However, Spencer devoted 1/3 of his posting to a 20-year old gay-sex story/scandal involving Frank's boyfriend at the time.

I called him on it, as it had nothing to do with the financial crisis, as Spencer is clearly pursuing an anti-gay agenda. There is NO other acceptable excuse to conflate the two stories.

I called him on it TWICE in his own blog. Unsatisfied with Spencer's response, I contacted his editor. Spencer, being the total pussy that he is, whined and cried, and then banned me from his blog and "explained" my banning with his own one-sided summary, that left out the key details.

Spencer then has the audacity (not of hope) to bar me until he gets an apology from me. Well, he can go fuck himself. He clearly prefers the racists and bigots that his blog attracts like flies to shit.


Gil Spencer's clearly bigoted comments, reprinted here (lest he delete/hide the evidence):
Frank, as a powerful member of the House Financial Services Committee, bears as much responsibility as any politician in Washington for this mess.

But he's showing even less shame about it than when his boyfriend, Steve Gobie, got caught running a gay prostitution ring out of his Washington D.C. apartment 20 years ago.

Back then Frank excused his behavior as naive. He said he was just trying to help Gobie.

"I thought I was going to be a liberal who got involved directly with an individual who needed help, that I had an individual who was going to get help and he took me."

No doubt when you answer an ad from a gay newspaper that says: "Exceptionally good-looking, personable, muscular athlete is available. Hot bottom plus large endowment equals a good time," you're looking to "HELP" someone.

Right. That story is 20 years old. And Barney Frank has changed. He's gotten even MORE shameless.

No wonder the word "liberal" has become an epithet.



Spencer tries to equate gay and liberal and epithet to bash and demean. Think of the way gays were viewed 20 years ago. Reagan was still in office and the AIDS crisis was ignored while people died. The religious right spread misinformation and treated it like a punishment from God. This is the era in which Gil Spencer's remarks would be welcomed.

6 comments:

steve mcdonald said...

Dave, I'll leave you two to your quarrel, but I'll say this - replace 'boyfriend' with 'friend' or 'associate' and remove 'gay' in front of 'prostitution ring' and it sounds like Barney Frank got caught up in a prostitution ring being run by Steve Gobie. I could even adjust the ad to resemble a woman and it spells the same thing.

Re-insert the original words and it's a gay prostitution ring. Gay or straight, all prostitution's still illegal, right? I think Gil was getting at his belief that Barney Frank knew a prostitution ring was going on yet he seemed to act naive over the issue.

Concerning the AIDS epidemic, I don't know how far we can go blaming Reagan. I remember right into the early 90's the rampant fears of HIV/AIDS and the misunderstanding about its transmission, reprecussions and etc. I still believe it took Magic Johnson's unfortunate diagnosis for the Country to take a step back, understand, accept and work to solve the issue.

Last summer, we were in the Outer Banks, relaxing one afternoon, turned on the TV to see "Best of Oprah" (No, I'm not a regular viewer). It was odd, it was a show form 1990 where they interviewed a man with HIV - the audience, crew and Oprah herself kept their distance, worried about catching the virus. The individual was treated like a lepor for his condition. It made my mouth drop thinking about how we were as a society, but I don't blame government - as we still didn't understand it.

David Diano said...

Steve-
I'm done with that prick, Spencer. He's been enabling/promoting bigotry and racism for years, and if I can't have the option to call him on it there's no point posting on his blog.

I appreciate the feedback, but there is NO QUESTION in my mind that Spencer was taking a gay shot at Barney Frank. The incident 20 years ago has ZERO bearing on financial crisis, but Spencer is clearly trying to link gay = bad judgment.

Barney Frank is a very smart guy and when push comes to shove, I'd rather have a smart guy in congress that comprehends the issues.

The blame with Reagan (I had graduated high school by then and was a voter, so I paid a some attention) was that he completely ignored the issue. The religious right was demonizing gays and refusing to help at all and get in the way of God's judgment. It was not made any kind of priority, despite the very low survival rate and the knowledge that it was communicable. It was treated as confined to the gay or drug user communities and not a threat to the general population. Calls for safe-sex education, condoms, and clean-needle programs were all dismissed by his administration and supporters.

The government has access to the National Institute of Health. Under GOP (and recently Bush), medically sound advice on this was redacted or de-emphasized from the NIH materials. The Reagan administration actively tried not to understand.

Don't forget, this is the same administration that cut the school lunch program for children by declaring that ketchup was a vegetable to meet the nutritional requirements.

steve mcdonald said...

I see you found your loophole, I think you're going to drive randal nuts in the process! Yet he refuses to get a blogger account to counter the issue...

David Diano said...

Steve-
All the various R's? I thought it was you or bob screwing with him. :-)

Randal's already crazy. Maybe, he's doing a "Lord of the Rings" split personality thing about his "precious" blogging.

He does have a blogger account under the name "Randal Davis". He stopped using it after I "suggested" that the Secret Service would be interested in his threats against Obama. Randal actually made some remark about looking forward to Obama assassinated, and Spencer covered it up by deleting the comment.

As for all the multiple versions, R's actually the one with the history of posing as other people. He's done it to me and bob all the time.
He even uses three versions of himself (r, randal and the real r). There is no way that he wants his IP address tracked. It would prove that he has no job and lives in his Mom's basement.

Actually, the blogger stuff doesn't even track IP's because I tried tracking people when I was posting on the Sestak blog in 2006 hoping to prove attacks were coming from Weldon offices. But, I'm enjoying the debate between the various R's too much to drop some information on them to resolve it. Gil's too stupid to know that he can't track them, and end the debate.

whynotus said...

Dave-

How do you really feel? Can't believe Spencer blocked you. Guess he can't take the heat anymore. Anyway, watching the McCain brown shirts, it is clear that Spencer and his politics of hate and division are right in goose step.

David Diano said...

WhyNotUs-
Spencer's such a loser. It's funny that he claims that I'm the one that can't stand up to him in an argument, but then he's the one that cuts off my mic (like O'Reilly when he's losing).

I think he realizes his days as a professional race-baiter and anti-gay bigot are numbered. His brand of intolerance (and encouragement of people like Randal to do his dirty work) will become even more unacceptable under an Obama presidency, as the country moves to the next level.

There's a new show "Life on Mars" where a modern day cop is suddenly transported to 1973. Miranda rights, attitudes toward blacks, woman, gays, etc. are jarringly different for the main character.

Spencer is like the reverse, where someone from 1973 has been transported to 2008 and can't deal with the progress made in 35 years.

I'll be surprised if the Delco Times (and the parent company Journal Register) tolerate his behavior after November.